Total Art Soul - for artists

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How do you get sales?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: How do you get sales?
Re:How do you get sales? 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hello y'all! I'm new- just thought I'd say hello! Interesting topic...

I sell through etsy. Between the two shops (my first one is closed- too difficult of a name to remember!), I've sold 18 though etsy in a year and a half. I sold one on Artfire. I tried Folksy, but the site just doesn't get the hits etsy does (and etsy is in USD, so it's $0.20/listing instead of £020/listing- I know it's only pence, but every bit helps!)

I've sold quite a few through my facebook fan site, and I've gotten 4 commissions in less than a year through it! Most of my feedback comes from there.

I had a lady contact me to buy a painting through Fine Art America, which I then listed on etsy for her. I noticed that Fine Art America (which is people from around the world) is the very first Google hit for just about every artist I know, so I always keep that updated. The site also has a great print facility. I sold two prints through there and they deal with all of it!

I exhibit with a local group of artists, but I don't have the creative range for paintings that go into the local shows (Shropshire/Powys border). It's a strictly landscape- or sheep- only deal. I did a solo exhibition as well, but given the local tastes I felt I had to tone myself down a bit. Online, I can do anything that feeds my soul and if I'm tired of looking at it, list it. I've only sold 1 in local exhibitions (so far).
taralewisart
taralewisart
www.taralewisart.etsy.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi Tara, good to see you here ....
You know I have never done Etsy, it perhaps ought to be something I think of. Do other have good results there too?
I have also used Zazzle recently and had a sale there too.
You know there seem to be a few of us in this neck of the woods now (Shropshire/Welsh border) , we could do with a local outlet!
ChrissyMarie
ChrissyMarie
chrissymaries.blogspot.com
graphgraph

I've only had 41 sales on Etsy since July 30 2008. Most of those have been cards with just a few of the smaller paintings. I also got one commission from there. I have not sold anywhere else online but I think it's mainly because most of my work has texture in it which is difficult to show on a 2 dimensional screen, no matter how many close ups I take, you still can't really get the 'feel' of my works. This is why I think I do better at exhibitions or in person. Almost all of my large sales have been to people that have seen me or my art in person.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

ChrissyMarie wrote:

You know there seem to be a few of us in this neck of the woods now (Shropshire/Welsh border) , we could do with a local outlet!

I agree 100%! That would be fantastic
Are you (or anyone else) showing at the South Shropshire Arts Festival in Church Stretton? It'll be my first arts festival, so fingers crossed!
taralewisart
taralewisart
www.taralewisart.etsy.com
graphgraph

Re:How do you get sales? 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Lots of luck with that tara. Maybe you could post it in the events section and I'll spread the word.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:How do you get sales? 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
i'm on holiday at the moment and went along to an exhibition,then towards the end the end of the evening i just asked the manager if he'd be interested in letting me do the same & he said yes.

sometimes it just takes courage to ask around, join an arts society, website, fan page etc.

my biggest leap was to sign to an agency in the uk, but it paved the way for me and has given me the confidence i need to be much bolder.
marcaeusyates
marcaeusyates
marcaeusyates.web.officelive.com
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.