Total Art Soul - for artists

" If I knew what I was doing, I'd have quit by now "
(unknown)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: What is Fine Art?
Re:What is Fine Art? 9 Years, 7 Months ago  
Yay! That's why I love TAS so much. You're all wonderful in your own unique way.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

CarolChretien wrote:
That is so true..."Art that makes you feel something"....If it doesn't make a connection why would I want it in my life?
That is what I ask myself. But that is MY way so each one has to decide for themselves, I guess.
The Zebras are stunning and I can see why that collector loves it in that beautiful space!

The ability to create 3d is wonderful, the ability to create a 3d effect on a 2d support to me is thrilling. The great thing? we all do things a bit differently!
it makes the world go round...happily.

As an example of art making you feel something, I just recently bought an oil painting from an artist that calls herself a whimsical artist. She has just recently been receiving a lot of notice and has a commission with a gallery.

She does indeed create some of the most beautiful whimsical art, and she does a series called Leaps in which she has very abstract color backgrounds of fantastic color and uses her children leaping or playing as models entering this colorful fantasy world.

I bought it because I instantly saw a highly emotional life experience in my recent past.in a cohesive story. It depicted positives and negatives of that experience that created a final reconciliation with the good and the bad of it.

This art to me, and every time I look at this painting I feel the chill and the warmth all over again.
mooaany
mooaany
baublez.themooaany.com
graphgraph
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
George Carlin

That's such a great way to describe it! Makes me wish I could afford buy more art. My walls are so blank. Unless you think video games count as art and that's a whole nother discussion we can break open.
MichelleB
MichelleB
www.michellebrenner.com
graphgraph

Michelle...so true! and that is the PERFECT description by Mooanny!
YES!
CarolChretien
CarolChretien
www.carolchretien.com
graphgraph

MichelleB wrote:
That's such a great way to describe it! Makes me wish I could afford buy more art. My walls are so blank. Unless you think video games count as art and that's a whole nother discussion we can break open.

Yes, I would also agree, a whole nother discussion. Oh I bet you could come up with something to put on your walls, say a draped of batik with big black artificial spiders climbing?

lol
mooaany
mooaany
baublez.themooaany.com
graphgraph
George Carlin

cathy wrote:
I would love to know the definition of Fine Art. I was contacted by a gallery who said that my paintings were not 'fine art' enough. I asked them to explain but no reply (surprise, surprise).

Is it that it has to follow the traditional methods of painting? But then what about some abstract work? I find this so confusing. I have absolutely no idea which bracket my work falls in and wonder if others also have a problem putting it into a bracket. Does this leave my work without identity?

Could my work be described as decorative art? If that's the case, is that somehow perceived by galleries not as good as 'fine art'? Why else have the definition of 'fine' and thereby implying that it's better?

Would love your thoughts on this.

I would not consider this painting to be decorative art. I would consider it still art. With attention to detail, which for me, if the art is done properly makes me look closely to marvel at the beauty and art of nature.
How often do you think many people walk by these things and not give it a thought, To be in a moment you must be aware in the moment. We could all use some of that sort of calm in our lives, living art perhaps?
mooaany
mooaany
baublez.themooaany.com
graphgraph
George Carlin

Go to topPage: 12345
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.