Total Art Soul - for artists

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Certificate of Authenticity?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Certificate of Authenticity?
Certificate of Authenticity? 8 Years, 2 Months ago  
Does anyone know if I should provide a certificate of authenticity to people who buy my art? And what is that? And where do I get it or how do I make it? What should it all say? And aren't "certificates" easier to forge than the actual art so are they really worth anything? Is it just a fad? I've read a little bit about it; enough to make me have these questions. What do you all do?
PayneArtandParisDreams
PayneArtandParisDreams
www.payneartandparisdreams.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Certificate of Authenticity? 8 Years, 2 Months ago  
Sorry it's taken so long for someone to respond to you. I've been up to my neck in it just lately with the opening of my new studio.

You need to provide a Certificate of Authenticity because it validates that you are giving someone a unique work of art carried by you personally. The Certificate is a simple piece of paper which can be printed from your computer with the title 'Certificate of Authenticy' your name and the date. You then write a short sentence like '(client's name) purchased '(title of painting, type of media') on (the date). You then sign it and give them the original. It's really just a receipt and art collectors do like to have this.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:Certificate of Authenticity? 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
Yup, that is what I write on them too

*wave*

Nicole

p.s. I do like to make it a little bit pretty with nice borders and such
NicoleCijs
NicoleCijs
www.nicolecijs.com
graphgraph

Re:Certificate of Authenticity? 8 Years ago  
What really validates your Certificate of Authenticity is your signature and you should hand-sign the document. Then it is as legal and binding as any document you sign.

The form and look of your Certificate depend entirely on you. It may be simple, with just the necessary text, or you may add a decorative element, printed or hand-drawn too. Try not to make it too 'busy' visually though, remember that its main purpose is to guarantee that you are selling an authentic, unique work of art.

If you Google 'Certificate of Authenticity templates', many different designs will come up and you may get some inspiration there. I hope this helps
ersimarina
ersimarina
www.paintafeeling.com
graphgraph
First comes the feeling, the idea follows

Go to topPage: 1
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.