Total Art Soul - for artists

" Imagination is more important than knowledge "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I'm New To Total Art Soul
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: I'm New To Total Art Soul
I'm New To Total Art Soul 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Cynthia Koch -- my profession is a Human Resources Manager for a school district. Over a year ago, my daughter moved temporarily out of the house (she was 19 and finding her independence). To cope with this new experience of not having her around (I missed her terribly), I turned her room, which is the perfect studio size with tile floor and half bathroom, into an art studio for myself.

When I was young I was always surrounded by art, because my mother is a self-taught artist. Her works are masterful, because they include depth, shading and detail. I've always done anything having to do with art -- ceramics, drawing, carving, floral arranging, sewing, and painting. One of my teachers recognized my love for art and encouraged me in 9th grade to really explore my talent. During the summer of my senior year, I took an art class - the art teacher in this class recommended me and I was offered a summer scholarship to the Los Angeles Art Institute. Unfortunately due to a lack of transportation, I was unable to accept. For many years, my art took back seat to making music.

When my daughter moved out I decided to rediscover my passion for art and painting. I have painted well over 100 pieces. I am, obviously a self-taught artist. However, I have received many compliments on my works and many people have encouraged me to sell my art. I've sold a couple pieces of my art and some art products on line. Prior to this venture, I was exploring the Internet and met a wonderful artist who has since become a wonderful friend. I have purchased several of her pieces. She is my inspiration -- her name is Robin Maria Pedrero. She gave me a direction for my art - as prior to meeting her I was just randomly painting anything.

I am not here to sell my art, but rather to meet other artists. Since there is a limit to uploading 2 pieces in a 24 hour period, I will slowly be introducing my art. Robin calls me an emerging artist. So, as an emerging artist, I hope to meet artists who will provide me tips on how to become better and to get feedback. Thank you.
Kocharacha60
Kocharacha60
www.facebook.com/CindysColorfulCanvas
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/11 01:55 By Kocharacha60.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Cynthia Koch (Kocharacha60)
Nuevo, CA

Re: I'm New To Total Art Soul 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi and a big welcome to TAS! You've come to the right place, we're here to nurture creativity. It's very inspiring to hear that you've gone back to your art. I did much the same after bringing up my children.

I love the work you've put up so far and I'm looking forward to seeing much more. Enjoy your time with us.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Hello Cynthia - glad you joined TAS
Svartr
Svartr
Insert Something Witty and Intelligent Here
graphgraph

Thank you!
Kocharacha60
Kocharacha60
www.facebook.com/CindysColorfulCanvas
graphgraph
Cynthia Koch (Kocharacha60)
Nuevo, CA

Go to topPage: 1
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.