Total Art Soul - for artists

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Hi! From Florida
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Hi! From Florida
Hi! From Florida 9 Years, 10 Months ago  
I winter in my father's 26 foot RV. There is a wireless router in the basement aft baggage bin that connects my computer, my father's computer and my sister's computer to cable. My father is across the street in a park model with his computer near the front window. My daughter-in-law's family run a chain of pawn shops. I began doing art from memory exclusively in 1983. About 2004 I had exhausted that resource and I began to look at how other artists results compared. I could only speculate on their resources and generally did not look into that as it led me no where. More recently I have met some of the objects I did as art as collected items and been able to converse with the owners without the awkwardness of a completely mercenary view of classic memorabilia. What I have in the galleries here is objects I made in the recent past as openned and rendered in a computer several years older than the software in which they were made running even older software of the same programs. This gives some view of the robustness of totally digital forms as exported in manstream formats. The most recent work is in the form of a HDD 1/2"x4"x5" in an anti-static envelope in the case for my latest computer at the back of the bunk I sleep in.The hardware of the last 2 years is currently on a FedEx truck headed for repair. Could I ship the HDD? sure! You would need the Windows VISTA license and maybe my widows user ID and password to acess the disk and several licenses to open the applications that can open the models and scenes. $$$? There are more models on an external drive as well as 1000's of renders. You could not open the models with any common programs including open source 3D like WINGS or BLENDER.
tallpindo
tallpindo
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hi! From Florida 9 Years, 10 Months ago  
Greets!

What programs do you work with?
Svartr
Svartr
Insert Something Witty and Intelligent Here
graphgraph

I work with Carrara which is a full featured 3D modelling program suitable for art but not a CAD program. I work with Poser and DAZStudio which allow me to include simulated figures in my scenes. I work with Bryce which has some organic features that present skies, water and landscape better than either of the two others. I also have Painter and UltraFractal which I use less to stay up with what more closely mimics offline art. My sharpest demarcation with consumer art is I have no camera and don't have Photoshop but do have PaintShopPro which allows me to work with renders after they are made in sizing and type of extension.
tallpindo
tallpindo
graphgraph

Sweet setup. I've worked with all of those, except Carrara. I do miss Poser and Bryce, which are the two in that list I've most worked with in the past.

THAT stuff is on some unidentifiable HDD collecting dust in the basement, I'm sure.
Svartr
Svartr
Insert Something Witty and Intelligent Here
graphgraph

Hey welcome to the forum.

Would like to see your work and perhaps if you have a model you would be willing to share I would love to open it in Blender just to show you that you can.

Carrara is rather nice and Bryce has been a favorite of mine in the past.. though given the price tags, I think I would go with VUE over Bryce these days.

My personal setup is OpenSource...
Blender 3D
(I use MakeHuman to create figures that I don't model directly)
Inkscape
Gimp

That said, its all about knowing your tools.
Hrafn
Hrafn
graphgraph

Re:Hi! From Florida 9 Years, 10 Months ago  
You can go to TurboSquid and download one of the free models. www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=calimariX

The one named "V-12 Tenure" has two cranksahfts one that is reversible in rotation for a dirigible or contrarotating application and the other that fits the text forms of firing order you can find in references.
tallpindo
tallpindo
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.