Total Art Soul - for artists

" Happiness is presently unavailable in the shops "
anon
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Another TAS requesting website feedback...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Another TAS requesting website feedback...
Another TAS requesting website feedback... 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi folks, I realise I may regret this, but I'm trying to sort out my site and would welcome any feedback.

So if you have a spare minute or two please surf on over to

sand625.co.uk

All comments/suggestions/problems gratefully received

Thank you kindly, in advance...
sand625
sand625
sand625.co.uk
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Another TAS requesting website feedback... 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
I just made a quick look around. I do have a problem with lots of white, and the first screen hurts my eyes, but maybe that is just me. I will go back later and look around some more! BW Blu.
Blu
Blu
blucamels.blogspot.com
graphgraph
The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration. ~ Claude Monet

He you

Just browsed through your website. First impression: Clear design and colourful. Good feeling!

I do have a couple of small things:

1. Personally I would like to suggest to use one background colour throughout. The style of the pages are now too different. To make the website a whole, I would use the same or similar fonts, colours etcetera.

2. When someone comes to your website, the first thing they would like to see (in my opinion) is what you DO. Who you are is second. I would therefore move your gallery / shop forward in your navigation bar.

3. When I visit your gallery, I need more clicks to actually find your work. I think I would use a slide show there or already display the thumbnails (that you use in your second page).

Texts and everything else looks clear and to the point as well. A lot of information, but well written.

Those are my thoughts and I hope they are useful to you!

*wave*

Nicole
NicoleCijs
NicoleCijs
www.nicolecijs.com
graphgraph

Thanks lots Nicole - exactly what I was after

I was puzzled at first by point 1) until i realised they are the pages that link to external sites.
I've spent much of the day battling with Viviti's supposedly WYSIWYG web building stuff to make a gallery page that's on the site...it's nearly getting the better of me...when it's done I'll tweak the order

Not sure how I'll solve the shop one...zazzle do have instructions for linking to sites but I suspect it'll be beyond my current skill level Will battle with that another day.

Thanks Blu I've altered the theme to tone down the brightness- hope it hurts less?
sand625
sand625
sand625.co.uk
graphgraph

Hi Sand,
checked out your site and whilst I think your work is fantastic, your site is a bit confusing.

You have so much going on I'm not sure how you'd go about organising it but I'd be tempted to set up gallery pages for each of the things you do, ie one for photography, one for abstract with simple links as to where you can find this work for sale.

Keeping the background theme the same throughout is important, as is matching layout- your viewers will atutomatically look for links etc in the same place as the previous page.

You also have a bio on your home and 'about' page. I agree with Nicole, put maybe a sample image of each collection on the home page with a link to the gallery page.

Most importantly, dont let any of this put you off We've all organised and re-organised our sites and I'm still learning too.

Very brave of you to do this, looking forward to seeing the next version,

Karen and Rich
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
www.etsy.com/shop/DrawingInDark
graphgraph

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away.
Yep, agree with your advice, just what I was looking for seems like I'm spending lots of time doing online stuff and not much creating. Do people realise how complicated this website malarkey is I wonder?

Again, thanks for taking the time to look and advise
sand625
sand625
sand625.co.uk
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.