Total Art Soul - for artists

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Williams
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Williams
Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Williams 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
Peter has been a valued member of TAS since almost the beginning. I have been really inspired by his work, even to the point where I have picked up my pencils and did some pencil drawings myself. Needless to say, they are not in the same league!

Born in Hertfordshire in 1952, Peter's career as an artist began aged 8 years old when a painting of his was entered by his school into the Hornimans Tea national painting competition and won 3rd prize. It was at this point that he realised not everyone could draw and paint successfully. It hadn't occurred to him before and he's painted (and drunk tea) ever since.

After a working life which involved many changes, from soldier to college tutor, in 2002 I took the life changing step to become a full time artist. Things have gone quite well so far, with sales all over the world and features in several publications.

Now he lives on the East coast of Suffolk in the UK with his partner Jenny and big dog Murphy. He has a wide portfolio of subject matter and media, including landscape, portraiture, wildlife and illustration.

Peter has a book published with some of his haunting images of Native America and the old West. It is available here.

More of Peter's works and achievements can be viewed on his website www.mightfineart.co.uk
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Last Edit: 2010/05/06 13:16 By Cathy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Willi 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
I am a HUGE fan of Peter's!

Seeing his amazingly realistically rendered animal portraits has me so exited about fine art, and pencil drawing in particular, which I have not been interested in since I left art school.
For many years my tastes leaned towards abstract paintings, (collecting or doing my own) but looking at Peter's work is like discovering figurative drawing for the first time. It's so exiting and fresh. Peter certainly deserves the recognition and commercial success he is currently enjoying.

I just simply drool over (and seriously covet) his cat drawings-how does he draw the fur? Simply fantastic!!!

This is one of my favorites
KarinSF
KarinSF
KarinSF.Etsy.com
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/06 23:25 By KarinSF.
When the going gets tough, the tough get knitting!
www.etsy.com/shop/KarinSF

You are very kind and thanks again Cathy for featuring me.
MightyFineArt
MightyFineArt
www.mightyfineart.co.uk
graphgraph
If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

www.mightyfineart.co.uk

My pleasure Peter. I honestly thought this cat with the feather was a computer generated image. I'd love to see you at work. Have you got a video of you working anywhere Peter?
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Re:Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Williams 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
I'm afraid not Cathy, but I have made a lot of YouTube step by step features of some of my drawings which can be seen either on my website or here www.youtube.com/user/Mightyfineart

Not quite the same as me working, but then you wouldn't want all the cursing and swearing would you?

Thanks Karin, that particular colour pencil work is a good example of what I was saying about the light effects on the drawing feedback thread. It's done on black mountboard so I really just painted/drew the light.
MightyFineArt
MightyFineArt
www.mightyfineart.co.uk
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/07 09:57 By MightyFineArt.
If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

www.mightyfineart.co.uk

Re:Featured Artist - MightyFineArt aka Peter Williams 9 Years, 1 Month ago  
I think working on black makes you focus on the light more. Maybe this is what I should be doing to get me to focus on that more.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Go to topPage: 1234
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.