Total Art Soul - for artists

" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art "
Albert Einstein
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Featured Artist - simvet02 aka AFiberJourney
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Featured Artist - simvet02 aka AFiberJourney
Featured Artist - simvet02 aka AFiberJourney 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
It's with much pleasure I write this feature. Jan is a very cheerful and upbeat creative soul and has been a real asset to this site.

She is recently retired from her job so that now she can play all the time. Her problem is that she has four very clear areas of interest and they are all tugging at her. She is a fiber artist turned beading artist, then onto polymer clay artist and finally lampwork artist. Each area of interest lead to the next. She calls it her "fiber journey".

She wanted to add beads first to her fiber arts so she started playing with small beading. This lead to the need for more interesting beads so she started playing with polymer clay and really fell in love with the tactile part of playing with clay and in all the wonderful colors that she could create with it. After playing with the clay and creating beads she moved onto pendants and jewelry, which was fun but it wasn't what she had set out to do.

She really fell in love with the look of lamp work beads and was trying to create them with polymer clay. She was never really successful and eventually moved onto lamp work. In learning the craft she was mesmerized by melting something solid into a fluid state where she could manipulate it into something completely different. She's gotten totally side tracked with the original purpose of all of this and hasn't touched her fiber arts in over two years. She knows that she'll go back to it eventually, she goes into the studio and strokes the fabric from time to time but so far nothing has caused me to start a fiber project. In the meantime she's really enjoying playing with the glass, there is something so seductive about it that when she can't be at the torch she is searching the web for photos of glass to quieten the call.

I can really see why she is so passionate about this art form as I too am fascinated by it. You can find more of Jan's creations here where they are available to purchase.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Last Edit: 2010/04/21 10:51 By Cathy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:Featured Artist - simvet02 aka AFiberJourney 9 Years, 2 Months ago  
What a fascinating journey and lovely results!

I hearted your shop - seriously dangerous to my account

Can't wait to see where your journey will keep taking you.
CatsWire
CatsWire
graphgraph
Cat

catswire.com

Beware of people who dislike cats.

Beautiful work! Love the raku beads!!
Marilyn
Marilyn
graphgraph
Gender: Female Casual Cottage Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana Birthday: 12/11
Marilyn
Marilyn Kelley Art

I think the raku beads are my favorite too Marilyn!
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Oh what a great feature! Jan's beads are absolutely mahhhavalous ie marvelous!!!!
mooaany
mooaany
baublez.themooaany.com
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/04/21 16:13 By mooaany.
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
George Carlin

What an amazing surprise. Thanks so much Cathy. I love the Raku too, I finally figured out how to half way tame it and have been having lots of fun with it.

Lately I've been playing with silvered striking glass. The smaller beads in the previous picture are some that I did. The glass rods, in this case, were an opaque ugly moss green. The glass is super heated, allowed to cool and then lightly heated and encased. The colors develop after it has been encased. Raku is a silvered striking glass also. I have been buying the stuff for a year and finally decided to make myself use it. I'm getting better at it.

I'll post some photos in my gallery of some of the newest ones I've finished. Some of them aren't as "WOW" as others...LOL And so goes the Journey.

thanks again,
Jan
simvet02
simvet02
www.afiberjourney.etsy.com
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.