Total Art Soul - for artists

" People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it "
George Bernard Shaw
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

help! can we have tutorial on facebook please?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: help! can we have tutorial on facebook please?
help! can we have tutorial on facebook please? 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
we've got a business page for which we can't create a profile, which means we can't connect with people- how do we get round this? can obviously set up separate personal profile but then how will people know it's still us? arrrgh!

yours hopefully,
Karen and Rich
gringrimaceandsqueak
gringrimaceandsqueak
www.etsy.com/shop/DrawingInDark
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: help! can we have tutorial on facebook please? 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
Sorry, I'm not very hot on Facebook issues. I've never really understood the difference between business and personal profiles.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

I am going to look into this. I have a personal page and would love a business page.

I'll let you know if I come upon any discoveries.
Victoria
Unnamed user

I do have a fan page but I don't really use it as it seems like you've got to build up contacts all over again.

I did start a Total Art Soul group there over a year ago, really as a fore runner to starting this forum. It has over 800 members and I did very little there. That seemed to happen all by itself. Quite how useful it is, I'm not sure. I started several discussions but they didn't really take off. All people seem to be interested in is posting their work there. No one seems to talk to each other! lol
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Re:help! can we have tutorial on facebook please? 9 Years, 5 Months ago  
I have a business page for FB and have had it for a year now. I will look and see if I can find the info I used. Facebook Pages is what it is under. Like everything it has taken time and some effort, but I am seeing results from having it. I post most everything there and have it then feed into twitter.
Last week I found out that you can put a store front for people to buy from on your business page. I still need to figure that one out.
Here is what I used to help guide me through setting it up,
I know artfire also has a pretty good guidline for adding their stuff to your page if you have a shop there.
www.eleen.com/2009/01/promote-your-etsy-shop-on-facebook/
Looks like she has added another one for adding custom tabs

www.eleen.com/2009/08/add-custom-tabs-to...ebook-business-page/

I hope this helps
hipchiccynde
hipchiccynde
graphgraph

Re:help! can we have tutorial on facebook please? 9 Years, 4 Months ago  
I have a FB account which I got 3 months ago for me and also a business page. I wanted to keep them separate for issues of privacy and reading about other peoples experiences, I'm glad I did.
Almost all my friends became fans of the business, but also I am steadily picking up fans who are Twitter acquaintances or who have seen my FB link on my Etsy shop. I prefer to keep my social interaction with friends, which might be of a more personal nature, separate from the fan page which really ought to be more about promoting my shops and creativity.
I do also find it important to use the fan page to inform people who look at it, about other crafters and things I really like. After all, if someone is genuinely a fan they will appreciate the work of other artists in the same field.
I try to post something 2 to 3 times a week only so as not to swamp friends, and I am getting feedback on my, and other peoples, work that I post. I haven't really pushed this, but growth is steady if a little slow, and I feel those who do follow this page are genuine fans, which is more important to me than a large number.
As Cynde points out it takes time and effort. FB is not instant gratification, but a good way to show off finished products and ideas, and unlike Twitter where you can only post a link the pictures are already visible.
KarinSF
KarinSF
KarinSF.Etsy.com
graphgraph
When the going gets tough, the tough get knitting!
www.etsy.com/shop/KarinSF

Go to topPage: 12
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.