Total Art Soul - for artists

" The power of imagination makes us infinite "
John Muir
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

StumbleUpon Links - Post them here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...28293031
TOPIC: StumbleUpon Links - Post them here
Re:StumbleUpon Links - Post them here 8 Years, 7 Months ago  
Haha! No worries. Susan, it underneath the green 'follow' box on people's profiles. If you tick it, it means they can send you sites that will arrive in your SU toolbar.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

Ah ha! I was looking for a little box on MY profile... Anyway, I think I've got it now...

I think...
SusanAlisonArt
SusanAlisonArt
www.SusanAlison.com
graphgraph
Susan Alison Art
www.SusanAlison.com

If you need to know more, just shout.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Hi all! I'm running the site from a different SU account for the moment. For those that have not yet joined me at this account, please come and find me here. www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/cathysavels/

Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

I think I should enlighten you all to something which has just happened to me on SU. I started the cathysavels account many years ago on SU so when TAS launched, I thought it made sense to have a TAS SU account rather than my personal account.

I've just had the TAS account suspended because it is in breach of their TOS because it is not permitted to have more than 1 account. I've tried to plead with them but they're actually pretty fierce and quick with their decisions.

Joe also has an account which he uses to stumble his interests and they have also suspended that because it comes from the same location. We are appealing this decision as it is obviously possible that more than 1 person lives in a building. I'll let you know what happens.

The 2nd thing that happened was that a group of Australian bloggers targeted our site and made libelous comments including Joe's personal telephone number and lots of other identifying details. This lead to a whole string of abusive messages and several thumbs downs and negative reviews on SU.

For this reason, we left the thumbs down on those that attacked us since we clearly don't want to see their sites coming into our toolbar.

I made a complaint to SU to see if those people could be stopped or their sites taken out of SU since this libelous and personal information was now being circulated there. Not only did they say they would do nothing as they were not responsible for what was posted on external sites, but they started to question what we were doing. This lead to them warning us that if we did not remove the negative reviews from those accounts, our accounts would be blocked.

We removed all the thumbs downs and reviews but our negative reviews from the Australian bloggers are still there. We asked if they had approached them and asked them to do the same, which SU said they had. I do not understand therefore why those reviews are still there but we had to remove ours.

The moral of this is that sticking your head out and approaching SU was clearly the wrong thing to do. Not only did we not get any support for our predicament, but we were penalized ourselves. They further stated that the thumbs down on sites was ok but that giving the thumbs down on personal accounts was not what it was intended for.

I am sharing this with you guys here so that you can understand further how SU operates. It's still a great tool but they are being extremely strict so do not abuse it and read their TOS!
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Geesh, that's pretty darned awful, Cathy!
Svartr
Svartr
Insert Something Witty and Intelligent Here
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1...28293031
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.