Total Art Soul - for artists

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

StumbleUpon Links - Post them here
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...242526...31
TOPIC: StumbleUpon Links - Post them here
Re:StumbleUpon Links - Post them here 9 Years ago  
Just joined - my SU

Now to SU all of you...
LindaS0928
LindaS0928
LindaSearcyJewelry.etsy.com
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/LindaSearcyJewelryDesigns
LindaSFabricStash.etsy.com
LindaSearcyJewelryDesigns.blogspot.com

Definitely sign up to SU Susan. It's lots of fun, I see tons of great sites and it's great for driving traffic too.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Gender: Female Cathy Savels - Artist Location: France Birthday: 09/27
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com
Co-Creator of Total Art Soul

LindaS0928 wrote:
Just joined - my SU

Now to SU all of you...

I've added you to my subscriptions and accepted shares to my toolbar so we can send each other favourite sites and pages.
Aitch
Aitch
www.helendavison.co.uk
graphgraph

Yes, don't forget to tick the little box under the subscriptions button so that we can share sites with one another.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

I really need to read something about stumble and how it works etc but am rushing around like crazy at the moment and can't stop and concentrate.

If I go to someone's stumble link do I click the the yellow stumble button or the green subscribe button - or both? And there's something else as well to click??? I can't see a little box under the subscription button or does it only appear after you've clicked the subscribe button??

(aargh)
SusanAlisonArt
SusanAlisonArt
www.SusanAlison.com
graphgraph
Susan Alison Art
www.SusanAlison.com

Re:StumbleUpon Links - Post them here 8 Years, 11 Months ago  
Sorry Susan, only just found this post of yours.

Click the green subscribe button to subscribe to their stumbles. When you click stumble, you'll get a site sent to you. Once you have clicked subscribe, a small box will appear under the now white subscribed button and if you wish to receive sites from that person direct to your toolbar, then click it.

It takes quite a while to get to grips with SU as I'm still finding out! I have recently had an issue with my account in that I could no longer stumble. I contacted SU and they gave me much advice which actually didn't help and it turned out that they did have a glitch which now seems to be sorted, thank goodness.

From all this, I gleaned more information though. They told me that the best way to use your SU account was to give the thumbs up to around 80% of the sites that are sent to you. Apparently (and I find this really hard to believe) I had only given the thumbs up to 20%.

They also told me that the number of people that subscribe to you has no bearing on how your account operates and that what is important is the amount of people you subscribe to. Since the limit is 500, I've been really careful to choose people carefully but apparently this is not the optimum way to operate your account there. You should subscribe to many people and delete people later if they are not good quality stumblers or have stopped using their account.

I was also told that if you give the thumbs up to your own website a lot (how much, I don't know) then this will stop your account from being affective. I thought that if I deleted inactive or old favorites that these would be removed from the system but apparently this is not so. So basically, if you give a site the thumbs up, it stays there forever (so it seems). This is why it's really important not to abuse SU in this way because it cannot be undone!

I've asked them to tell me where I can learn all this information from because it seems impossible to find out any of this. If they give me a link, I'll share it here. Meanwhile, I hope this helps.
Cathy
Cathy
www.cathysavels.com
graph
Mixed Media Artist
www.cathysavels.com

Go to topPage: 1...242526...31
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.