Total Art Soul - for artists

" Art is the proper task of life "
Friedrich Nietzsche
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

It's Quiet in Here...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: It's Quiet in Here...
Re:It's Quiet in Here... 8 Years, 10 Months ago  
Those are awesome ~ did you use Bryce3D for any of those? I used to have that back before Corel(?) bought it out. The version of Photoshop I have is a CS2 version I found on eBay (evilBay lol). It also came with Adobe Elements 5, so no complaints here (got the books, CD, box, everything).

What annoys me is I can't use the more recent brushes, patterns, etc. because my version is one version too old >.< I can open SVG files in Elements, but it's a jumping through hoops maneuver to open both, copy, paste, blah-buh-dee-blah-blah.
Obsidianram
Obsidianram
www.zazzle.com/obsidianram*
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ah, you'd get along well with my husband - he swears eBay is the root of all evil.

Yes, I used a combo of PS, Bryce3D and Poser for 2 of those images. I think the version of PS I used was 5.5. The one with the Pegasus is when I was learning how to digitally paint hair and fur - the model was completely bald and naked before importing her into PS.

I was wondering last night how Elements does with both .svg and large image files. I'm running into a bit of a limitation with either my OS, Programs or System or a combination thereof for getting images print worthy.
Svartr
Svartr
Insert Something Witty and Intelligent Here
graphgraph

Sounds like your other half is indeed a smart man ~ I concur with that eBay assessment.

I can't say I've used elements a great deal, but first impression is it's considerably limited in comparison. Generally I do 300dpi for things like prints/posters and about 200dpi for cards and similar items. I still run into occasional memory probs trying to edit/create some of the larger stuff, though.
Obsidianram
Obsidianram
graphgraph

I may have found a bit of a solution, an alternative to PS which has a bit more power to what I have been using.

Still playing with it though...

At what sizes are you experiencing memory issues? I'm also curious if my little system is choking as well, plus Gimp and Inkscape work far better under Linux and I'm currently stuck under Win7.
Svartr
Svartr
graphgraph

The system I'm currently using is maxed out at 2 gigs under Win XP(sp2). I've minimized the overhead as much as possible, but things like firewall, webserver, AV./ASW proggies, Wacom Tab, etc. take their share. Not sure if you can still get a free copy of RedHat or not (or any similar Linux package) ~ but may be worth looking into if you're comfortable with a dual-boot setup.
Obsidianram
Obsidianram
graphgraph

I prefer Linux actually. But this is a leased machine and we're not sure we're comfortable changing the OS on it (or adding if doing a dual-boot). Plus the optical drive is buggered up and won't read anything atm.
Svartr
Svartr
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
home
blog
forum
gallery
members
login

badge

Copy the code below to add this badge to your site:-

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to our site blogs here:-

Main Site Blog

Members' Blogs

Banner
Banner

© Design by Biro Design

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.