I loved this idea because not only can you recycle these horrid polystyrene containers, but the process is really simple. You could even use tracing paper and trace your design so you don't even need to be able to draw. You could make a whole series of cards like this or just a colorful print to hang on your wall and cheer up the place.
Foam or polystyrene container
paint or ink
1. Cut a large section of foam from your container.
2. Draw or trace your design and press down with your pencil. Not too hard but also not to lightly. You need to make an impression without going all the way through.
3. Roller your design with paint or ink.
4. Lay your paper or card on top of your paint covered foam and press lightly with the back of your hand all over.
5. Gently peel away your paper or card to reveal your design. Hey presto!
Original image courtesy of themetapicture